Aquest és el segon de tres escrits sobre la IA en educació superior.
EDUCAUSE Reports That Higher Education Says AI, IOT And Social Media Having Limited Impact. What? 
Here are just a few reasons why AI, social media & IOT might be promoted from the “limited impact” list to the “worth understanding” list:
– The admissions process – now under fire (again) – could easily be automated and objectified; in fact, what administrative processes can’t be automated? Robotic process automation (RPA) could live on campuses for years.
– Educational processes can be reinvented with intelligent simulations that enable both experiential and immersive learning.
– Smart buildings moving toward smart campuses could revolutionize the way students, faculty and staff navigate campuses for multiple purposes. AI, IOT and social media will play pivotal roles on smart campuses.
– Online education can be customized with AI.
– The appropriate use of social media can contribute to internal well-being and external branding perhaps more than any other technology.
Learning House identifies 4 areas where AI can help:
– Student acquisition, where AI could personalize the enrollment experience for students and help schools target those applicants most likely to succeed in their programs;
– Learning and instruction, where AI could help instructors do grading and provide instructional help to students;
– Student affairs, where AI could assist in degree planning and intervene with struggling students to provide advising or other resources; and
– Institutional efficiency, where AI could compile data from multiple systems to guide administration decision-making.
Hanan Aldowah et al reports in the Journal of Physics/Conference Series that: “IoT stands to change dramatically the way universities work, and enhance student learning in many disciplines and at any level. It has huge potential for universities or any other educational institutions.”
Andy David, writing in D!gitalist, identifies how higher education can be transformed with IOT:
– “Immersive and connected educational spaces
– Connected infrastructure: safer, more-efficient use of space
– Personalized learning
– Increased sustainability and cost savings”
Social media? Same thing. Look at “the important role of social media in higher education” by Sharuna Segaren, “social media Use in higher education,” by Georgios Zachos, Efrosyni-Alkisti Paraskevopoulou-Kollia and Ioannis Anagnostopoulos, and Higher Education Administration with Social Media, by Laura A. Wankel and Charles Wankel, among so many others.
EDUCAUSE: Higher Education’s 2019 Trend Watch and Top 10 Strategic Technologies 
The Internet of Things in Education: a brief guide 
There are many possibilities, but as with any application of technology, it has to start with the right educational aims. If using new interfaces becomes disruptive rather than supportive, then it’s time to think again. Another key consideration is ensuring school networks are up to the job and ready to handle huge amounts of traffic and data.
And the implications for asset management are worth mentioning too – connected devices will be more easily discovered, tracked, and audited. (Have a read of our Q&A on Asset Management for more.)
Devices connected to the Internet of Things are sure to become an integral part of our daily lives before too long. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the exciting ways schools can take advantage of the great opportunities it could offer
Internet of Things in Higher Education: A Study on Future Learning 
By enhancing asset intelligence, educational institutions can enhance outcomes by adding values in some areas include: Enhanced Learning Experiences and Outcomes, Improved Operational Efficiency, Safer Campus Designs
How the Internet of Things (IoT) is transforming education industry? 
1. Smart automated student tracking
2. Personalized learning
3. IoT enabled smart boards and new generation textbooks
4. AI-powered research
5. Aiding special-need students
6. Enhanced security of learning spaces
7. Smart / connected classrooms
8. Task-based learning
With flipped classrooms, students come to the class equipped with basic knowledge about the topic to be covered. The learning in the class is more task-based to ensure full comprehension of the topic. Devices connected to the IoT network ensure that students collaborate and share knowledge to complete the assigned tasks better. IoT devices also ensure that students can take the help of the teacher whenever and wherever required.
How Will IoT Change the Education Sphere? 
– Data Collection
– Personalized learning
– More Human-to-Machine interaction
– Fuels the global digital divide
– Financing Issues
An Introduction to IoT Applications in Education 
Technology can improve education more than hiring and spending. By exploring use cases from smart classrooms to disability accommodation, we’ll see how IoT can increase educational quality and access.
Però no pas tothom hi està d’acord Revolució 4.0, Xantal Llavina 
Xavier Sala i Martín: “Vull saber si la IA provocarà un desastre a la humanitat”
La IA ens podrà ajudar i, de fet, ens ajuda, en les prediccions però que els humans som millors, ja que tenim moltes altres capacitats. Creu que s’exagera quan es parla de la revolució digital
Hi ha Fake learners! Are MOOC Learning Analytics Results Trustworthy? With Fake Learners, They Might Not Be! 
Using Artificial Intelligence with Human Intelligence for Student Success 
Applications of AI:
– First Year Retention (FYR) Model
– Predictive Tools
– Predictive Analytics
– Help Needed
– Care Management
AI and human intelligence are inextricably entwined: one without the other would have left the university floundering. No matter how powerful or predictive an analytical model is, it still requires people—people who care about students and are trained to serve them—to provide the needed support and guidance. USF takes pride in its advancement of student success. Our reward? The students who benefit.
Transforming Higher Education through Conversational Interfaces and Artificial Intelligence 
– Chatbots and Digital Assistants Increase Institutional Efficiency and Student Satisfaction
– AI Improves Enrollment and Retention while Cutting Costs
– AI Enhances the Workplace and the Institutional Mission
Machine Learning for Education: Benefits and Obstacles to Consider in 2020
China’s achievements in implementing AI and Machine Learning in education are incredible:
– there are robots in the classrooms that control a student’s health level
– students wear uniforms with trackers to keep them safe while they are on the school territory
– the most notable achievement is headbands which determine a student’s concentration level
– Predicting career paths
– Precise grading
– More personalized classroom experience
– Grading systems
– Data collection and transparency
Imagine students leaving the classroom and pressing satisfaction buttons!
But note here:
Deep Learning is Not Always the Best Solution in Education 
When has a student learnt something?